Saturday 21 December 2013

Chatsworth Festive Cheer




Every year to get myself in the Christmas spirit I take myself up to the Peak District in Derbyshire and go to Chatsworth House for the decorations. Every year they put on a spectacular display of decorations and all to a theme and this year the theme was something I loved, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe from the Chronicles of Narnia which was a favourite read of mine when I was a kid.

They always set out a game for children {this year was spot Aslan in each room} and they go into such attention to detail, even the staff dress up as the white witch and Mr Tumnus and they make it as magical as possible with a gentleman playing the grand piano in the library who was kind enough to play requests. I hope you enjoy my photos and if you get chance you should go and visit Chatsworth House, It should definitely be on your bucket list.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...