Saturday 13 July 2013

London - July 2013




I went to London with my good friend and fellow blogette Claire (of on & on blog) on  Monday and we completely lucked out on weather. Glorious sunshine suddenly seemed to remember our British shores and shone strong and bright allowing summer clothing to finally sneak its way out of the wardrobe and stretch its sleepy fabric in the breeze. 

The day started early for both of us with 2-3 hour journeys to the capital. We met on Oxford Circus, which was halfway between our arrival points and went for a wander. I really enjoy going to London and not having to worry about time constraints or having a plan, even though we did have a vague one. We made our way down Carnaby Street after a browse of some stationary in Liberty’s and onto Regent Street toward Piccadilly where we made a temporary friend in a New Yorker in need of directions for a short walk and onto Covent Garden.  

After a cool down in Primrose Bakery in Covent Garden with a drink and cupcake {Iced Tea and Lemon for me vanilla milkshake and Mocha for Claire} we brought some food and wandered back through the streets browsing as we went. We ended up on St James's park for a spell eating our lunch and enjoying the shade of some trees before buying a Pimms and Lemonade from the bar in the park. We took the opportunity in the good weather to get some photographs and I made an Instvideo {video on Instagram} for the first time as we made our way down to Westminster and walked along embankment to go for sushi.

We ended up back at Oxford Street to say our farewells after a little shopping in Topshop where I got some sneaky new wardrobe pieces including some Carvela sandals I have been lusting after for the last two months. After this it was off home, though I blame tiredness and the heat for me missing my tube stop and having to come back on myself. It was a wonderfully relaxed day and we are already planning our next trip. I've posted some of my pictures from the day above and I’ll do a haul post soon on the items I brought from Topshop and maybe even an outfit post wearing them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...