Saturday 20 October 2012

Good Hair, Fashion and Beauty Reads

I always find it’s nice to read books and websites to help you get your fashion and beauty ideas, or even to help you into some new ways of thinking about these subjects. I have a few staples that I tend to go through on a regular basis, or subscribe to, to keep myself updated.

My first fashion find website was WHO WHAT WEAR. I find it easy to go through as they dissect it all into bite sized chunks for you so you can slowly update yourself without getting too bogged down by too much information. The website owners Hilary Kerr and Katherine Power have also transferred the information into two books now WHO WHAT WEAR and WHAT to WEAR, Where, both of which are good reads, however I found the first so much more informative than the second as it includes everything from shopping for your shape, when to ditch a trend and how to organize your closet. They have also recently launched WHO WHAT WEAR BEAUTY for all your beauty gossip.

The Beauty Department is my favorite beauty site as its cool tutorials and sneaky tricks make applying make-up, dressing hair and painting nails so much easier and less fussy. The brain child of Lauren Conrad and her trusted beauty team, Make-Up Artist Amy-Nadine and Hairstylist Kristen Ess. They have some incredible ideas that you may not have tried before and occasionally competitions, although these are only open to residents of the US, and polls. So whether its hair inspiration, help applying false lashes, trendy nail polish styles or just make-up brush advice go and check them out.

Now I don’t know whether its because I am a hairstylist by trade but I love the book “Hair and Fashion” V&A by Caroline Cox and Lee Widdows. It is an interesting read because it takes you through the journey of how hair styles have evolved with the fashion industry and become fashions greatest asset and accessory. You can get it on Amazon or from Waterstones, and makes a lovely coffee table book.

What Fashion and Beauty sites or books do you like? Leave me a link!

 Emmie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...